Child Care Helpline
The Child Care Helpline is a child care resource and referral program serving Minnehaha, Lincoln, Turner, and McCook counties. The Child Care Helpline works with providers, parents, businesses, communities, and government leaders to make quality child care available to families.
Choosing child care is one of the most important decisions you will make for your child. The Child Care Helpline can help with choosing quality child care:
- Personalized assistance on choosing quality care
- Referrals to local child care providers, including preschools, and school age programs
- Connections to resources providing financial assistance with the cost of child care
- Care options for nontraditional work schedules and children with special needs
Dial 211 to for assistance for our Child Care Coordinator!
Available Parent Resources
- Childcare Guide The guide contains information for recognizing quality child care and interviewing providers, as well as information about state and local registration requirements.
- Interview Form Interviewing a potential provider can seem intimidating. The interview will likely tell you whether the provider will be a good match for your family, so it is very important. The Helpline Center has created an interview sheet with a list of specific questions that you can bring with you when you meet the provider. The Helpline Center suggests bringing this form when meeting with potential providers.
- Preschool Booklet
- Summer Care Booklet
Join the Helpline Center Database
- Joining the Child Care Helpline is a free and simple process. You can complete the Provider Intake Form, or you can contact the Child Care Coordinator by dialing 211 or emailing email@example.com.
- After you have completed the process, the Child Care Resources Coordinator will enter your information into the database.
- Once all documentation has been received, your name will be available to parents seeking referrals.