CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Health/Medical Related Information
The Helpline Center has gathered the information below to assist in the COVID-19 pandemic response.
South Dakota’s Department of Health (SD DOH)
- Data – South Dakota Department of Health Dashboard
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Symptom Checker (for Apple devices)
- Contact Tracing Infographic
- Return to Work Letter from the SD Department of Health – If DOH has contacted you regarding being a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 you may request an employer letter. This is for individuals only – employers may not request a letter for their employee(s).
- Data – COVID Data Tracker (maps and charts tracking cases, deaths, and trends of COVID-19 in the U.S.).
- Frequently Asked Questions (including contract tracing, funerals, testing questions, cleaning, pets and animals, etc).
- CDC’s list of COVID-19 symptoms
- Business Guidance (Plan, prepare, respond – including cleaning, ongoing mitigation, prevention and support and communication/posters, social distancing)
- Difference Between Quarantine and Isolation
- Travel Questions
Health Systems in South Dakota (Call with medical questions, symptoms, testing, etc.)
- Individuals who feel they may have been exposed to COVID-19 (coronavirus), who are displaying symptoms, or have medical questions are asked to call:
- 1-877-AT-AVERA (1-877-282-8372), or initiate a “web-encounter” by visiting: www.avera.org/covidhotline (online screening tool). Once you have completed and submitted the form, a representative from Avera’s Covid-19 Hotline will call you to determine next steps, including testing, symptom management, and isolation guidelines.
- Brookings Health Systems (individuals in Brookings County)
- (605) 692-2811
- Horizon Healthcare
- Established patients should contact their local clinic during regular business hours
- Huron Regional Medical Center (individuals in Huron area)
- (605) 353-6214, 8:00am – 5:00pm, 7 days a week
- Monument Health (individuals in West River area)
- For those experiencing mild symptoms and would like to schedule a test please click here.
- Sanford Patients
- (605) 333-4444
- Watertown Area Patients
- For testing without a doctor’s click here