CORONAVIRUS (COVID-19) Health/Medical Related Information
The Helpline Center has gathered the information below to assist in the COVID-19 pandemic response.
South Dakota’s Department of Health (SD DOH):
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Symptom Checker
- Testing Facts
- Data – South Dakota Department of Health Dashboard
- Contact Tracing Info
- If DOH has contacted you regarding being a close contact to someone who has tested positive for COVID-19 or if you have tested positive for COVID-19 you may request an employer letter. This is for individuals only – employers may not request a letter for their employee(s). Click here to request a Return to Work Letter from the SD Department of Health
Centers for Disease Control (CDC):
- CDC’s list of COVID-19 symptoms
- Business Guidance (Plan, prepare, respond – including cleaning, ongoing mitigation, prevention and support and communication/posters, social distancing)
- Confirmed or Suspected Cases in the Workplace (including should a doctors note be required to return?)
- Cloth Face Coverings
- Difference between quarantine and isolation
- Travel questions
- Data (including map, links for cases, deaths, testing, hospital capacity, mathematical modeling, healthcare personnel data, etc).
- FAQ’s (including contract tracing, funerals, can someone test negative and later test positive and other testing questions, cleaning, pets and animals, etc).
- When to discontinue home isolation? (for non health care workers)
- Returning to work for health care workers
What do I do? Decision Making Flow Chart
Consult this Decision Making Flow Chart for people that believe they may have been exposed (developed by the City of Sioux Falls)
Take a look at A Patient’s Toolkit – resource developed by Avera Health (including how long it takes for symptoms to develop)
Health Systems Numbers for Medical Questions (questions about symptoms/getting tested):
- Individuals who feel they may have been exposed to COVID-19 (coronavirus), who are displaying symptoms, or have medical questions are asked to call:
- 1-877-AT-AVERA (1-877-282-8372), or contact their clinic.
- Antibody test is available for $80 (is not covered by insurance). More details.
- Brookings Health Systems (individuals in Brookings County)
- (605) 692-2811
- Huron Regional Medical Center (individuals in Huron area)
- (605) 353-6214 , 8:00am – 5:00pm, 7 days a week
- Monument Health (people West River)
- Starting 4/19, antibody testing is available for $100. Call ahead to check eligibility and scheduling.
- PrairieLakes Healthcare System (individuals in the Watertown area)
- (605) 753-1408, 9:00am – 9:00pm, Monday – Friday / 9:00am – 1:00pm, Saturday / 1:00pm – 5:00pm, Sunday
- Sanford Patients
- (605) 333-4444