COVID-19 Small Business & Unemployment Information
State of South Dakota – Small Business and Healthcare Provider Relief Fund (for COVID)
- The State of South Dakota has launched a fund to help small businesses, community-based healthcare providers, and non-profits negatively impacted by COVID.
- Governor Noem and the South Dakota State Legislature have created several grant programs to help businesses combat the financial impacts of COVID-19. The application period opens Tuesday, Oct. 13.There are five components of the program:
- The Small Business Interruption program will provide up to $400 million
- The Small Business Startup program will provide up to $10 million
- The Small Nonprofit COVID Interruption program will provide up to $40 million
- The Community Based Healthcare Providers program will provide up to $115 million
- The Acute Care in Hospitals program will provide up to $15 million
- To learn more about the grant programs, visit covid.sd.gov.
The application period runs Oct. 13-30. After it closes, all applications will be reviewed and funds dispersed. If you have any desire to access available funds, it is important to apply now – even if you are not sure if you qualify – because the provisions of the program may be changed in the future.
Pandemic Unemployment Assistance
- Unemployment Information:
- Unemployment Provisions for Workers Affected by COVID-19 – Flow Chart
- Dept of Labor COVID-19 Resources: https://dlr.sd.gov/covid_19_resources.aspx
- Includes a Video tutorial on “How to File a UI Claim.”
- Benefits Information for Individuals: https://dlr.sd.gov/ra/individuals/default.aspx
- Tips for filing a claim: https://dlr.sd.gov/ra/individuals/tips_for_workers.aspx
- Chart of assistance amounts
- Job Search:
Small Business Information
- Guide to the CARES Act for Small Businesses
- South Dakota Governor’s Office of Economic Development – Learn more about Governor Noem’s Small Business Relief Fund
- The Small Business Administration has information about applying for disaster loans. Please visit sba.gov/disaster.
- SBA Disaster Loans Applications Now Accepted..Learn more here!
- South Dakota Arts Community’s Coronavirus Resource Center. Learn more here!
- A list of precautions compiled by the Sioux Falls Development Foundation (plus resources). View them here!
- Covid-19 Resources for Family-Owned Businesses include free weekly conference calls with Prairie Family Business Learn more here!
- Sturgis Economic Development Corporation has small business Bridge Loan Package. Visit sturigsdevelopment.com for more information.
- Support Sioux Falls
- consists of a website at supportsiouxfalls.biz and a resource hotline – (605) 373-2005 or firstname.lastname@example.org. These tools provide access to information needed for business operations, connect consumers to ways they can support local businesses and offer a channel for business leaders to share concerns about the type of ongoing support needed from our government and program leaders.
- Elevate Rapid City
- is working to connect businesses who have supplies to sell with those who are in need. Please visit the website to fill out this form if you are a business in need of supplies or a business who can fulfill a need for items such as hand sanitizer, gloves, N95 masks or more. Learn more at https://elevaterapidcity.com/resources/coronavirus-news/
Guidance on What Jobs are “Essential”
The Department of Homeland Security has specific guidance regarding essential and non-essential businesses. They have a list of Essential Critical Infrastructure Workforce. Click here for more info.