Spring Flooding 2020
We know that when the winter snow melts, many areas of South Dakota will experience Spring flooding. View the information below to help prepare.
Flooding Preparation for the Public
- The South Dakota Department of Public Safety has put together valuable information for the general public.
- Click here for the document entitled “Prepare NOW for Spring Flooding A Citizen’s Guide”
- Do you have flood insurance?
- It may not be too late… Learn more about the National Flood Insurance Program (NFIP) at FloodSmart.gov
- Information specifically for Older Adults and Caregivers
Flooding Preparation for Business Owners (other than agriculture)
- The South Dakota Department of Public Safety has put together valuable information for business owners.
- Click here for the document entitled “Prepare NOW for Spring Flooding A Business Owner’s Guide”
Flooding Preparation for Business Owners (Agricultural)
- Click here for the document entitled “Prepare NOW for Spring Flooding An Agriculture Producer’s Guide”
- The Farm Service Agency has a number of FactSheets pertaining to their disaster assistance programs.
- WHIP+ (2019) Wildfire and Hurricane Indemnity Program-Plus (this includes crop loss due to flooding)
- NAP Noninsured Crop Disaster Assistance
- LIP (2020) Livestock Indemnity Program
- ELAP (2020) Emergency Assistance for Livestock, Honeybees and Farm-Raised Fish Program
- For more information, contact the South Dakota Farm Service Agency at (605) 352-1160 or (855) 243-6003.
Spring Outlook Flood Map
Click here to see map from National Weather Service with flooding predictions.
If individuals are in need of sandbags, contact the County Emergency Manager, Arlen Gortmaker, (605) 204-0267 at firstname.lastname@example.org
SDDOT Traffic Barricade Vendors (For Townships):
Signs and vendors can be obtained from the list of companies below:
Traffic Services Company, Black Hawk, SD
Dakota Traffic Services, LLC, Tea, SD
After Hours: 605-941-0018 or 605-941-0019
Traffic Solutions Incorporated, Harrisburg, SD
3-D Specialties, Inc.