2017 Spirit of Volunteerism Sioux Empire
2017 marked the 35th year the Helpline Center has presented volunteer appreciation awards.
The 2017 winners are:
- Youth Category: Gabrielle “Ellie” Dahm, for her volunteer work at LifeScape.
- Adult Up and Coming Category: Jake Wampler, for his volunteer work with Good Samaritan Society – Luther Manor.
- Adult Shining Bright Category: Patti Graber, for her volunteer service to the Alpha Center.
- Adult Lifetime Category: Jean Beddow, for her service to children as a Court Appointed Special Advocate and her volunteer work with Salvation Army.
- Group Category: Bread Break, for its work collecting and supplying food to agencies throughout Sioux Falls.
- Corporate Humanitarian (large business) Category: Texas Roadhouse, for its work helping the Community Blood Bank and Special Olympics South Dakota.
- Corporate Humanitarian (small business) Category: Eide Bailly, for its work with the Habitat for Humanity Neighborhood Revitalization Program.
Citi also presented the Citi Youth Leadership Awards at the event. Six high school students received $1,000 scholarships in recognition for their community involvement:
- Gabrielle Dahm, Lincoln High School
- Isabella Eveleth-Jensen, Roosevelt High School
- Caleb Impecoven, Aquinas Classical Academy
- Sydney Rodman, Washington High School
- Logan Slack, Viborg-Hurley High School
- Jacqueline Wolles, Dell Rapids St Mary
Thank you to our event sponsors!
MetaBank, Independent Insurance Agents of Sioux Falls, First Premier Bank – Premier Bankcard, First National Bank in Sioux Falls, Children’s Dental/Parkway Orthodontics, Citi, EarthBend, Midco