Responding to COVID-19
211 provides a 24/7 helpline that is connected to a prepared team, capable of providing updated information. If you need help finding food, or essential basic needs, call 211 to speak to someone who can help.
Food/Basic Needs Information
- Basic needs (food, rent, etc) COVID Guided Search (based on zip code)
- If you need food delivery due to COVID restrictions, please call 211 for options in your area.
Financial Assistance Opportunities
- South Dakota:
- SD CARES Housing Assistance Program
- South Dakota Immigrant Fund: Emergency Relief Fund for Immigrants (Accepting applications until November 22, 2020)
- CARES Act related to COVID-19 (for individuals and small businesses)
- Data for United States cases (including a map)
- https://www.usa.gov/coronavirus – links to various federal sites
- Checkpoint info for Cheyenne River Sioux Tribe Reservation (605) 964-6444
- Checkpoint info for Oglala Lakota Sioux Tribe Reservation (605) 867-9842
- Great Plains Tribal Chairman’s Health Board COVID-19 Resources (including Data Dashboard)
Mental Health and Family Resources
- 605Strong – a free Crisis Counseling Program helping people with COVID-19 resources and support
- Helpline Center’s Online Counseling Guide – a listing of counselors offering telehealth/online services
- Resources for parents
- SD COVID-19 Language Resources (Multi-Cultural Center)
- SD Voices for Peace Translated Information
- COVID-19 Fact Sheets in 30+ Languages (National Resource)
- Information for people with disabilities in English or Spanish
Volunteering for COVID-19 Response Efforts
- Click here to see the different sign ups by towns.
- How can I make a mask? Where can I donate masks?
- Do-It-Yourself Volunteer Projects