Sioux Empire Spirit of Volunteerism
2017 marked the 35th year the Helpline Center has presented volunteer appreciation awards.
More than 580 people, including local community leaders, non-profit agency representatives and business executives, turned out Thursday, May 11, for the 2017 Spirit of Volunteerism Awards. The Helpline Center hosted the luncheon at the Sioux Falls Convention Center. During the event, 80 nominees, honorees and award winners were recognized.
The Spirit of Volunteerism awards are made possible through the generous support of Midco, Independent Insurance Agents of Sioux Falls, Children’s Dental Center and Parkway Orthodontics, The First National Bank in Sioux Falls, First PREMIER Bank/PREMIER Bankcard, EarthBend, MetaBank and Citi.
The 2017 winners are:
- Youth Category: Gabrielle “Ellie” Dahm, for her volunteer work at LifeScape.
- Adult Up and Coming Category: Jake Wampler, for his volunteer work with Good Samaritan Society – Luther Manor.
- Adult Shining Bright Category: Patti Graber, for her volunteer service to the Alpha Center.
- Adult Lifetime Category: Jean Beddow, for her service to children as a Court Appointed Special Advocate and her volunteer work with Salvation Army.
- Group Category: Bread Break, for its work collecting and supplying food to agencies throughout Sioux Falls.
- Corporate Humanitarian (large business) Category: Texas Roadhouse, for its work helping the Community Blood Bank and Special Olympics South Dakota.
- Corporate Humanitarian (small business) Category: Eide Bailly, for its work with the Habitat for Humanity Neighborhood Revitalization Program.
Citi also presented the Citi Youth Leadership Awards at the event. Six high school students received $1,000 scholarships in recognition for their community involvement:
- Gabrielle Dahm, Lincoln High School
- Isabella Eveleth-Jensen, Roosevelt High School
- Caleb Impecoven, Aquinas Classical Academy
- Sydney Rodman, Washington High School
- Logan Slack, Viborg-Hurley High School
- Jacqueline Wolles, Dell Rapids St Mary
Thank you to our event sponsors!
MetaBank, Independent Insurance Agents of Sioux Falls, First Premier Bank – Premier Bankcard, First National Bank in Sioux Falls, Children’s Dental/Parkway Orthodontics, Citi, EarthBend, Midco